Thursday, August 01, 2019

A bird in my balcony


Last week I noticed a small nest on the plant adjacent to my balcony. It was just at my arm’s length. I have some plants kept in the balcony, which I water daily and also dry clothes on the clothesline. Then I saw the small bird sitting inside. First time when she saw me, she flew off, but then onwards, she would just look at me and stay put.


The dry nest

It was monsoon time for us and during the last week of July, it was raining very heavily. When I go to sleep, I would think of the bird just outside the wall and send her Reiki healing so that she stays dry inside the nest. In the morning I went to check and saw that though the leaves were drenched in water, inside the nest it was dry. While sewing the leaves together, she had positioned the upper leaf in such a way that the rain water is kept away from falling into the nest.


I was discussing this with my husband. As per my knowledge, the bird may not have calculated the angulations of the leaf while stitching.  She just went by her instinct or intuition and made the nest. I think this capability is given to every living being.

Leaking house

Contrary to this, I have to keep five buckets in different parts of the house to catch the leaking water when it rains. There is leakage in our clinic. I think I can safely say that every house in Belgaum leaks during rains. And these were constructed by engineers who spent years studying to get their degrees. Our education system and the way we are brought up by our parents, no importance is given to acknowledging and developing the intuition and sixth sense, which we are all born with.

A serious limitation

I think this is a serious limitation. So much stress is given to rational and logical thinking that we miss out on a large beautiful aspect of life, which goes beyond logic. I see this as a serious problem in many of my clients. They just cannot go beyond logic, because that is what has helped them to reach this stage in life and they can’t imagine they can achieve anything without it.
Logic is just the tip of the ice berg. Underneath the water is the major part, that is based on the inner knowing and intuition, which when trusted upon, can make life so beautiful and every day a celebration. But it takes time and effort, which majority are not ready to invest in.

Mother, whither thee gone?

Another aspect that struck me while looking at the bird incubating her eggs was the dearth of motherly countenance in the current generation. The bird was totally involved in her noble mission of letting her chicks hatch. Today’s women are achievers. Bringing up children does not come under achievement. Even while caring for the kids, she is cursing herself inside for wasting her time, instead of saving some one’s life as a doctor or meeting that deadline in the IT industry.
For humanity to advance, our children need to be better than ourselves. For them to develop into balanced, good human beings, a lot of care and nurturing from the mother is required.

Sacrifice...

I listen to women from older generation saying, ‘I sacrificed my life for my children and husband.’ This is just a sophisticated way of blackmail. Decades back I heard one of the most important advices in my life that whatever you are doing, when you think deep, you will understand that you are doing it for your own sake. Not for anybody else. So I could tell my kids that I enjoyed bringing them up and I did it for my own sake. So they are not under any obligation to pay back for my ‘sacrifices.’ I have seen that this mentality from a mother can put serious strain on the kids, sometimes even without actually knowing the underlying reason!

No comments: